Even little kids can help make this simple and delicious cake!
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water
8 inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda into the pan.
- Use a fork to make 3 holes, or wells in the flour mixture.
- Pour oil into one hole.
- Pour vinegar into the second hole.
- Put the vanilla in the third hole.
- Now pour the water on top.
- Mix it all together with a fork, be sure there are no dry spots in the corners.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Cool a few minutes and eat!
When Sharon Altshul not in the kitchen or shopping for food, she is leading cooking lessons for kids that stress health and science or wandering around Jerusalem taking photos for her blog, www.realjerusalemstreets.wordpress.com.Click to download