It is pretty difficult to mess up matza brei. Literally “fried matza,” the ingredients really depend on your childhood memories.
4 matzot, broken into large pieces
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar
½ c milk
2 Tbsp butter
1. Break the matzot into large pieces and soak in a small bowl of water until softened.
2. Drain out all excess liquid.
3. Mix the eggs, cinnamon and sugar together. Add the matza.
4. Add milk. Ideally, the batter should not be soupy so feel free to play around the amount of milk you pour in.
5. Melt butter. Ladle the mixture, pancake style into the pan. Fry on both sides until lightly brown.
6. Serve with maple syrup, strawberry jam or sour cream.