Yields 8-12 slices
I'm actually embarrassed to call this a "recipe." All you need is a loaf of your favorite brand of frozen gefilte fish. You have the option to sprinkle this dish with seasoning if you prefer, but it tastes great on its own. It's so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser.
Loaf of gefilte fish.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Defrost the loaf of gefilte fish for 30 minutes, or until you can slice it with a knife.
3. Cut the gefilte fish into 8-12 even slices.
4. Discard the paper wrapper.
5. Spray large cookie sheet or large pain with non-stick spray. Lay the gefilte fish slices in a single layer. Optional: sprinkle with za'atar or Old Bay seasoning.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Check on the fish to see if it is baked and browned to your satisfaction. If not, leave for 10 more minutes.
Variation: For a Sephardic version of baked Gefilte Fish, pour half a jar of tomato sauce (or more!) over the fish before baking.