This meatless moussaka is a delicious vegetarian dish guaranteed to find a home at your dinner table.
1 large eggplant
1 onion, chopped
4 stalks of celery
2 garlic cloves
Can of chopped tomatoes
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
Can of black beans
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 c milk
4 oz grated cheese – mozzarella and parmesan
1. Slice the eggplant, salt it and let it stand for 15 minutes.
2. Bake the slices in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 so that they soften.
3. Sauté onion, celery, garlic and chopped tomatoes until tender. Add one can of beans.
4. Let it thicken on a low heat, cooking for 15 minutes until it’s a nice veggie sauce. Add some chopped cilantro or basil if you’d like.
5. In a 9x13 baking pan, put a layer of sauce, then eggplant than sauce, then eggplant. Set aside to make the cheese sauce.
6. Melt butter, add flour and then milk. This should thicken into a béchamel sauce. Add the cheese and stir well until the cheese has melted.
7. Pour on top of the eggplant dish. Sprinkle a little more cheese on the top.
8. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.