This is an exciting and sad week for Jacob, while he is reunited with his long lost brother and has a birth of his final son, he also loses loved ones.
1. How many men did Esau bring to meet Jacob?
2. Why did Jacob divide his camp into two before meeting Esav?
Jacob was afraid of meeting Esav. He thought is he made two camps if one was destroyed the other would be saved. (32:8-9)
3. After dividing his camp into two, what two other things did Jacob do to prepare for Esav’s arrival?
Jacob prayed to God and then prepared a gift for Esau (32:10-22)
4. When Jacob was wrestling where was he hurt?
His hip. (32:26)
5. What blessing did Jacob receive after the fight?
His name was changed from Jacob to Yisrael. (32:29)
6. When the two brothers finally saw each other what did Esav do?
Ran towards Jacob, hugged him, kissed him and cried. (33:4)
7. What was the name of Leah’s daughter?
8. Which two brothers led the fight against Shechem?
Simon and Lavi. (34:25)
9. Who was the twelfth son born to Jacob?
10.Which two relatives of Jacob died in this portion?
Rachel, his wife (35:18) and Issac, his father (35:29)