The Jews finally leave Egypt, but their joy does not last long. Bnei Yisrael complain about the lack of water, the lack of food and even bemoan leaving Egypt!
- Whose bones does Moses carry when Bnei Yisrael (the children of Israel) leave Egypt?
- How does Bnei Yisrael know which direction to go in as they leave Egypt?
God leads the way – with a cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. (13:21)
- How will the Red Sea part?
Moses will take his staff and stretched it over the waters. (14:16)
- What happens after all of Bnei Yisrael crosses the Red Sea?
Moses stretches his staff again and the waters closed. (14:26)
- What happened to the Egyptians that were chasing after Bnei Yisrael?
They drowned in the Red Sea. (14:27-28)
- What morning prayer is taken from this week’s Torah reading?
“Az Yashir Moshe” (“And then Moses Sang”). (15:1)
- Who leads the women in song after they cross the Red Sea?
Miriam, Moses and Aaron’s sister. (15:20)
- Why do Bnei Yisrael begin to complain?
They are thirsty and cannot find water to drink. (15:24)
- What food do Bnei Yisrael eat for the forty years in the desert?
- Who attacked Bnei Yisrael in the desert?