As the Jewish nation continues to grow, they receive a list of laws to obey. Moses goes up Mt. Sinai to bring down the Ten Commandments.
1. How long can a man remain a slave?
You may only keep a slave for 6 years, on the 7th year he goes free. (21:2)
2. If a man comes to a master with a wife and kids, do they become property of the master?
No. He is allowed to take them when he leaves. (21:3)
3. If an ox kills a person is the owner responsible? What happens?
The ox is put down and the owner is not responsible. (21:28)
4. If someone makes a pit – what must they do or be held responsible?
Cover it. (21:33-34)
5. Why are we supposed to be good to strangers?
Because we, too, were strangers at one point. We were strangers in Egypt. (22:20)
6. What happens if you see your enemy’s donkey wandering?
Return it to him. (23:4)
7. What are the three festivals we are supposed to “appear before God”?
Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot. (23:14-17)
8. What happens if you follow God and his commandments?
He will be an enemy to your enemies. (23:22)
9. When Moses reads the Book of the Covenant to Bnei Israel what do they say?
All that the Lord has spoken, we will do! (24:7)
10. How long was Moses on the mountain to receive the stone tablets?
40 days and 40 nights. (24:18)