This week’s Torah portion gives us the much-anticipated reunion between Joseph and his brothers and ultimately, Joseph and his father, Jacob.
1. Who approaches Joseph to intercede on Benjamin’s behalf?
2. What is the first question Joseph asks when he reveals his identity to his brothers?
“I am Joseph. Is my father still alive?” (45:3)
3. Why does Joseph invite his family down to live in Egypt?
There are still five more years left of the famine. (45:6)
4. What does Joseph send down to Canaan to great his father?
Ten donkeys filled with the best of the foods of Egypt, ten female donkeys laden with food. (45:23)
5. What land will Jacob and his children settle in?
6. What does Hashem say to Jacob the night before he leaves Beer Sheeba for Egypt?
Do not be afraid of going down to Egypt. I will make you into a great nation there. And I will make sure you will come back to Canaan. (46:3)
7. How many people went down to Egypt?
8. Where does Joseph meet Jacob?
In the land of Goshen. (46:28)
9. How old is Jacob when he comes down to Egypt?
10. How does Joseph manage to become so successful in Egypt?
People trade in their money, then their cattle and then their land for food during the famine. (47:14-19)