With plenty of down time available on Tisha B’Av, we offer you our Ten questions.
1. Who built the first Beit HaMikdash?
2.When was the first Beit HaMikdash destroyed?
3. When was the second Beit HaMikdash destroyed?
4. Besides Tisha B’Av, what other fast begins at nightfall?
5. What is the Hebrew word for “fast”?
6. What megilla is read traditionally on Tisha B’Av?
7. How many weeks are we in mourning before Tisha B’Av?
8. Where were Jews expelled from on Tisha B’Av of 1492?
Spain, as part of the Spanish Inquisition.
9. What custom is performed at weddings to remember the destruction of the Temples?
We break a glass under the chuppah at the end of the wedding ceremony.
10. How many other fast days are there?
There are five other fast days over the year – Tzom Gedalia, Yom Kippur, Asarah B’Tevet, Ta’anit Esther and Shiva Asar B’Tammuz.Click to download