This eye-catching rice dish makes a great side dish when serving meat.
- 2 Tbsp margarine (you can replace the margarine with oil for a healthier alternative)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¾ c long grain white rice
- 1 ½ c water (optional: you may use chicken stock)
- ¼ c diced dried apricots
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the margarine in a pot over a low heat.
- Add onion, stirring, until softened.
- Add rice and stir until they are coated with butter, and cook about 2 minutes.
- Pour the stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in apricots, lower the heat, and cover.
- Simmer over a low heat until the water is absorbed.
- Before serving, add the pine nuts and coriander and season with salt and pepper.