The honey cake served at my childhood home was generally brick-like, left untouched by children, and gobbled up by the older generations. This cake is sweet, light and fluffy, with a delicious honey coating, and my kids gobbled a loaf of it in a single sitting. Wrapped tightly, it freezes very well.
Makes 3 loaves or one 9×13 pan.
1 c honey
1 c sugar
1 c oil
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 c boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray 9 x 13 or 3 small loaf pans.
- Mix first 4 ingredients until well blended.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- Carefully add boil water.
- You will end up with a liquidy batter.
- Pour into pan(s) and bake for 35-40 minutes.