Packed with all kinds of nutrients, this pasta salad could be served as a meal on its own. You can be creative with the shape of the pasta you choose to use, or can stick with your usual. The broccoli and dried cranberries add a lot of color to this dish, and if you opt to use cashews, you’ll end up with some bonus protein too!
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta, boiled according to box’s instruction (I tend to use Gemelli or corkscrews). Make sure it is cooled.
- 6 oz. dried cranberries
- 3 c steamed broccoli, coarsely chopped
- cashews (optional)
- 3/4 c mayo
- 1/3 c vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp warm water
1. Prepare the dressing ahead of time.
2. Toss in cranberries, and broccoli.
3. Pour dressing over salad.
4. Sprinkle with cashews when you are ready to serve (otherwise, they will soften).