Work with your kids to make this special treat!
1-2 Tbsp oil
popcorn, enough to just cover the bottom of your pot
4 squares of bittersweet chocolate or 1/3 bag of chocolate chips
Optional: colorful nonpareils
- Pop your popcorn. Let it cool.
- Let the popcorn cool down.
- Spread the popcorn on wax paper. Make sure that the pieces are not overlapping.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate. Pour it into a Ziploc bag. Close the bag and cut a small hole in one corner. (Note: the chocolate is very hot. A parent should certainly be doing this step.)
- Drizzle lightly over the popcorn. Make sure there is a bit of chocolate on each piece.
Optional: Right after drizzling the chocolate, add nonpareils.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container.
*Variation: add two tsp of peanut butter to the chocolate before drizzling it on the popcorn.