This recipe makes a great afternoon activity with delicious results!
1 c flour
1 c corn meal (flour or polenta)
¼ c honey
¼ c oil
1 c buttermilk (or 1 c milk)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp lemon juice
1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, beat together egg, honey, and buttermilk or milk with lemon juice, and oil.
3. Pour liquids into dry ingredients.
4. Using a fork, mix until just combined, do not over mix.
5. Spread into a buttered 8” [20 cm] square pan or cup cake tin to make corn muffins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in a hot oven at 425 F or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with butter or jam.