These sweet and spicy chicken nuggets are for grown-up palates. They are perfect for watching the game or for any boys’ night out! Just make sure to keep plenty of drinks around – and don’t worry about the sticky mess—these fire poppers are finger lickin’ good!
Start with your basic chicken nugget recipe:
1 ½ lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
1 c flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
½ Tbsp paprika
½ tsp salt
Oil for frying
¼ cup of each – sugar, brown sugar, honey and hot sauce.
1. Combine flour, cornstarch, paprika and salt.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg and then dredge in flour mixture.
3. Fry nuggets for a few minutes on either side until they are golden brown.
4. Prepare sauce. Pour over chicken nuggets.
5. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.