A great way to use your strawberries!
1 pint strawberries
½ c sugar
½ tsp lemon juice
1. Wash and cut up berries.
2. In a small pot, alternate layers of berries and sugar.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring from time to time.
4. Turn down heat.
5. Add lemon juice and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Stir often, do not let the bottom burn.
7. With a slotted spoon, remove the fruit to a small jar.
8. Continue to cook until juice is reduced by half.
9. Pour juice in jar over the cooked berries.
10. Allow to cool. Then cover and store in refrigerator.