Got a fridge full of leftovers? ChallahCrumbs and some helpful friends on our facebook fan page offer up a few suggestions:
- A little bread, some mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce and tomatoes turns your old chicken into a gourmet sandwich. Cut your chicken (or meat) off the bone. You can leave the seasonings on for extra flavor. Add it to your sandwich! Bonus: sauté some peppers and add them as well.
- Share leftovers. Invite friends over for a potluck dinner. What is a leftover to you is something new and delicious to them!
- Pack it up and send it home with your guests! Keep a nice stock of Ziploc containers at home. Some people truly enjoy taking doggie bags home. (True story: one guest once took my last piece of chicken home in a Ziploc bag in her purse.) Especially if your family is not big leftover eaters, it’s a great way to know your food is being eaten.
- Freezer-friendly foods. If you’ve got enough roast left over, freeze it. No need to struggle on how to recycle the dish, when you can just pull it out in a week or two (or three) and serve it as new.
- Tortillas (or wraps) are our friends. Take yesterday’s chicken or beef, sauté some peppers, mushrooms and onions. Voila.
- Stir-fry. Saute onion, peppers, veggies and broccoli. Add chicken. Pour over pasta.
- Dairy leftovers? Pack them up individually and send them as school lunches or snacks.
Got any ideas of your own? Please share below.
Leave A Comment