This recipe makes a great afternoon activity with delicious results!
1 c flour
1 c corn meal (flour or polenta)
¼ c honey
¼ c oil
1 c buttermilk (or 1 c milk)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp lemon juice
1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, beat together egg, honey, and buttermilk or milk with lemon juice, and oil.
3. Pour liquids into dry ingredients.
4. Using a fork, mix until just combined, do not over mix.
5. Spread into a buttered 8” [20 cm] square pan or cup cake tin to make corn muffins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in a hot oven at 425 F or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with butter or jam.
When Sharon Altshul not in the kitchen or shopping for food, she is leading cooking lessons for kids that stress health and science or wandering around Jerusalem taking photos for her blog, www.realjerusalemstreets.wordpress.com
Click to download