This recipe is easy, delicious and totally adorable!
1 cup butter
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
Colorful candy or sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour and baking powder until just blended.
5. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until dough is firm enough to roll.
6. Trace outline of your hand on paper.
7. Cut out pattern to make template.
8. Roll on lightly floured surface until 1/8” or 4cm thick and cut out shape of hand.
9. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
10. Cool on wire rack.
11. Mix a little water into powdered sugar to make a glue for candy.
When Sharon Altshul not in the kitchen or shopping for food, she is leading cooking lessons for kids that stress health and science or wandering around Jerusalem taking photos for her blog, www.realjerusalemstreets.wordpress.com.
Click to download