This is a kid-favorite and a crowd pleaser!
1 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1 c milk
2 tbsp oil
Fruit in small pieces.
- In one bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another small bowl, mix together the egg, milk and oil.
- Make a “well” in the flour mixture, and pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Heat griddle or fry pan, it is hot enough when ONE drop of water on the surface rolls around.
- Grease surface with a little oil or oil spray.
- Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles begin to burst on top, about 1 minute. Now would be the time to add a FEW chocolate chips or fruit.
- Turn them over with a pancake turner or large spatula, cook for another ½ minute, ready when they are light brown.
When Sharon Altshul not in the kitchen or shopping for food, she is leading cooking lessons for kids that stress health and science or wandering around Jerusalem taking photos for her blog, www.realjerusalemstreets.wordpress.com.