The secret to perfectly formed kneidlach: wet hands!
4 eggs, separated
½ c lukewarm water
1-2 c matza meal
1 tsp salt
1. Have a pot of water or your pot of soup boiling on the stovetop.
2. Beat egg whites with a salt until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly add the yolks while mixing, slowly (again bubbe said do it with a fork)
4. Slowly add ½ cup luke warm water and mix
5. Slowly add matza meal with a fork, folding it in. Add until you can barely make a ball – sticky but holds it form. Because egg sizes vary this varies as well.
6. Rinse your hands before shaping each matza ball. The water on your hands will keep the sticky balls from sticking to your hand.
7. After you make each matza ball, drop them into your soup or water. Cover and leave on a high flame for 20 minutes.