It is pretty difficult to mess up matza brei. Literally “fried matza,” the ingredients really depend on your childhood memories.
4 matzot, broken into large pieces
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar
½ c milk
2 Tbsp butter
- Break the matzot into large pieces and soak in a small bowl of water until softened.
- Drain out all excess liquid.
- Mix the eggs, cinnamon and sugar together. Add the matza.
- Add milk. Ideally, the batter should not be soupy so feel free to play around the amount of milk you pour in.
- Melt butter. Ladle the mixture, pancake style into the pan. Fry on both sides until lightly brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, strawberry jam or sour cream.