Your house is suddenly filled with unexpected guests. You check your freezer, but you’re all out of your back-up desserts. Baking a cake would take too long, and you just realized that you’re out of some of the major ingredients you’ll need to whip up a batch of cookies. What to do?
I happen to love cake mixes, but when we have company, I prefer to serve a dessert that looks like it required a little more effort. That’s why I LOVE making these cookies –the actual cookie requires 3 ingredients (cake mix, oil and eggs) plus a little sugar and cinnamon for rolling. So easy to prepare, your little ones can be trusted to make these on their own! (And your company will never guess that you used a cake mix!)
Yields 36 cookies.
1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ c oil
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil.
2. In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
3. Form cookie dough into 1inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
4. Place on cookie sheet and pat down. Cookies should be placed 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.