A lighter version of a Chanukah favorite.
Makes 12-15 latkes.
6 large potatoes
1 small onion
1/4 cup flour
2 egg whites
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and grate potatoes, either by hand or in a food processor. Squeeze out excess water.
- Preheat a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Transfer potato and onion mixture to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Coat with nonstick cooking spray
- Form 2-2 1/2-inch flattened rounds with the potato mixture and place on hot cookie sheet.
- Return cookie sheet to oven and cook for 7-8 minutes each side, until crisp and golden.
Leave A Comment