Try this mandelbread with a cup of coffee at the start of your day.
1 c margarine
2 c sugar
½ tsp salt
2/3 bag of chocolate chips
2 ¾ c matza meal
¾ c potato starch
- Beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Shape into three logs and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. (1/2 c of sugar mixed with 1 Tbsp cinnamon).
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
For extra crispy mandelbread:
Cut on an angle and turn slices on the side.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.