There are certain desserts that automatically elicit that gasp from the crowd. Pomegranate Chocolate Mousse Tart is a holiday-friendly, gorgeous showstopper. Sprinkling pomegranate seeds across the top of the tart, makes it perfect for Rosh HaShana.
- 1 ½ c 70% whole-wheat flour
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ Tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in food processor; blend for 10 seconds.
3. Add canola oil, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract.
4. Gather dough into a ball and press into 10-inch tart pan.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 1 ½ c high quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp brandy or rum
- ½ c sugar
- 1 pound silken tofu, drained and dried (In Israel – substitute 1 package of tofu + 1/3 c soy milk)
- ¼ c canola oil
1. In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, coffee, brandy and sugar over low heat, just until the chips melt and set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine the tofu and oil and process until smooth. Add the reserved chocolate mixture and process for 1 more minute.
3. Refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to serve.
To assemble: Spread the mousse in the tart shell. Cover with 4 cups of pomegranate and serve.