Cherries and mint make for a healthy, tasty and refreshing combination in this quinoa dish.
1 ½ c uncooked quinoa
1 – 1 ½ c cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
½ c chopped celery (you can sub chopped cucumber if you’re not a fan of celery)
10-12 mint leaves
¼ c honey
1/8 c water
juice of 1 lime
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Prepare quinoa according to box’s instructions.
2. When cooled, spread quinoa on serving dish. Sprinkle cherries and celery (or cucumber).
3. In a food processor, combine mint leaves, honey, water and lime juice. (If you don’t want to use the food processor, chop finely chop mint leaves and whisk until well blended.)
4. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle atop quinoa salad and serve.