Celebrate summer produce with this soup!
1/4 stick butter
1 onion, sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound squash (about 4 cups)
1 cup half and half
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Optional: grated cheese (for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onions and garlic, cooking for about five minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add squash, lower heat and simmer.
- Transfer soup and puree until smooth.
- Pour in the half and half and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with grated cheese.