Avram sets out on a journey that takes him to a new land where he begins his new family and starts a new religion.
1. What is special about Avram?
He is chosen to lead a great nation. (12:2)
2. Who went with Avram on his journey?
Sarai, his wife, and Lot, his brother-in-law and all the souls following him. (12:5)
3. Why did Avram go to Egypt?
There was a famine in the land. (12:10)
4. Why did Lot leave Avram and move to the plains of Jordan?
Avram’s flocks of sheep and Lot’s flocks of sheep became to large to live together. (13:6-7)
5. Twice God promises Avraham that his descendants will be many. What does God compare them to?
The dust of the Earth (14:16) and the stars in the sky (15:5).
6. Who is Hagar?
Hagar is Sarai’s maidservant that she gives to Abram, hoping that Hagar will be able to have children. (16:1-4)
7. What was the name of Hagar and Avram’s son?
8. How old should a Jewish boy be when he is circumcised?
8 days old. (17:12)
9. To what are Avram and Sarai’s names changed to?
Avraham (17:5) Sarah (17:15)
10. Why does Avraham laugh?
Because God told him that when he is 100 and Sarah is 90 years old they will have a baby. (17:17)