In this week’s Torah reading we’re looking at new leadership and we’re preparing for war.
1. If there is a dispute, who can help solve it?
A Kohen, Levite or appointed Judge. (17:9)
2. Who chooses the king of Israel?
3. The king should not have too many…
Horses, wives, silver and gold. (17:16-17)
4. How many copies of the books of Torah must the king write in his term?
5. What does G-d provide Bnei Israel with as a means to get His words?
A prophet. (18:15-20)
6. How many cities of refuge are there in Israel?
7. What are the cities for?
A city of refuge is for people who kill others by accident. (19:4)
8. What types of men do not need to go to battle?
Someone who built a new house and hasn’t lived in it yet, someone who planted a vineyard and not collected the grapes, an engaged man and someone who is scared. (20:5-9)
9. Are you supposed to fight each city?
No, you should always first try and make peace. (20:10-11)
10. What kind of trees were Bnei Israel not allowed to chop down after they conquered a city in battle?
Fruit Trees. (20:19-20)