In this week’s Torah reading, we discuss an affliction called tzarat and learn the laws surrounding being contaminated.
1. When a woman gives birth she must bring a sheep and a dove as an offering. What happens if the woman cannot afford a sheep?
She can bring two doves. (12:8)
2. What is the name of the affliction seen in this week’s portion?
3. Who checks to make sure someone is afflicted?
The Priests. (13:2)
4. What does it look like?
The hair turns white and the skin is a deeper color. (13:3)
5. If only some symptoms show what happens?
A 7- day quarantine (13:4)
6. What happens when someone is deemed contaminated?
Discard garments, hair is shaved, covered up with a cloak up to his lips. (13:45)
7. What does the person who is contaminated must do?
Call out – “contaminated, contaminated!” (13:45)
8. How long do they stay contaminated?
Until they no longer show symptoms
9. Where must the person live who is contaminated?
Outside the camp (13:46)
10. Can the affliction carry to the garments?