This week the Jews are told how to create a sanctuary for God to reside in.
1. Why did God ask the Jews to donate special items?
Because God is instructing the Jews to build a sanctuary where God can reside with the Jews. (25:1-8)
2. What is the purpose of the Golden Ark?
To hold the new stone tablets. (25:16)
3. What sits on the cover of the Ark?
Two angels facing each other. (25:18-20)
4. What must always be on the table?
Show bread. (25:30)
5. The Menorah described in this week’s portion is different from the ones we use in our homes on Chanukah. How?
This Menorah has 6 branches and on Chanukah there are have 8 branches. (25:32)
6. What are the three colors of the curtains that cover the Mishkan?
Turquoise, purple and scarlet wool. (26:1)
7. Are the walls of the Mishkan a single piece of wood or planks?
8. Why are the Jews told to put up a partition around the ark?
To separate them from the holy of holies. (26:33)
9. What is on the four corners of the Altar?
Horns covered in copper. (27:2)
10. What surrounds the tabernacle?
A courtyard (27:9)