This week we’re following Yaakov’s life as he leaves his father’s home and begins a family of his own.
1. What does Yaakov see in his dream?
A ladder going up to the skies with angels going up and coming down. (28:12)
2. What did Yaakov name the site of his dream?
Beit El. (28:19)
3. What did Yaakov do when he first saw Rachel?
He rolled the very heavy stone off of the mouth of the well. (29:10)
4. How long did Yaakov first work for Rachel?
Yaakov agreed to work for 7 years in order to marry Rachel. (29:18)
5. Who did Yaakov end up marrying first?
Leah, Rachel’s older sister. (29:23)
6. Which sister could not have children?
7. Name Leah’s children.
Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Issachar, Zevulun, Dinah.
8. Why does Yaakov choose to leave Lavan after Yosef is born?
Yaakov wants to return to his homeland. (30:25)
9. Who stole Lavan’s household idols?
10. Overall, how many years did Yaakov spend with Lavan?