This week’s Torah portion gives us the much-anticipated reunion between Yosef and his brothers and ultimately, Yosef and his father, Yaakov.
1. Who approaches Yosef to intercede on Binyamin’s behalf?
2. What is the first question Yosef asks when he reveals his identity to his brothers?
“I am Yosef. Is my father still alive?” (45:3)
3. Why does Yosef invite his family down to live in Egypt?
There are still five more years left of the famine. (45:6)
4. What does Yosef send down to Canaan to greet his father?
Ten donkeys filled with the best of the foods of Egypt, ten female donkeys laden with food. (45:23)
5. What land will Yaakov and his children settle in?
6. What does Hashem say to Yaakov the night before he leaves Beer Sheeba for Egypt?
Do not be afraid of going down to Egypt. I will make you into a great nation there. And I will make sure you will come back to Canaan. (46:3)
7. How many people went down to Egypt?
8. Where does Yosef meet Yaakov?
In the land of Goshen. (46:28)
9. How old is Yaakov when he comes down to Egypt?
10. How does Yosef manage to become so successful in Egypt?
People trade in their money, then their cattle and then their land for food during the famine. (47:14-19)