I decided to play around with a couple of my muffin/kugel recipes and came up with this delicious side dish. Your kids can help with this recipe: the big kids and measure and mix and the little ones can line the muffin tins with cupcake liners. Wrapped tightly, these muffins freeze well.
Makes 24 muffins.
- 1 ½ c apple sauce (I used cinnamon flavored apple sauce, but you can use plain and add 1 tsp cinnamon)
- 2 c flour
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled and grated on the large holes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 2 regular size muffin tins with cupcake liners.
3. Combine all of the ingredients (except for the apples) until well blended. 4. While the batter is in the mixer, grate the apples. (This will prevent the apples from turning brown.)
5. Stir in the grated apple and pour into lined muffin tins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.