This week’s parsha, Parshat Noach, has very colorful craft potential! After the devastating flood, God promises Noah that he will never destroy the world in this way again. As a sign of this covenant, He places a rainbow in the clouds. All rainbow-related crafts are great for this parsha. But, kids will especially love dyeing their own pasta, stringing it, and wearing it this week.
Seven sandwich bags
Food coloring – red, yellow, green, blue
1. Divide dried pasta into seven different sandwich bags.
2. Pour one teaspoon of rubbing alcohol in each bag.
3. Add drops of food coloring until you reach vibrant rainbow colors.
4. Allow the pasta to dry overnight.
5. String the macaroni onto a string in a rainbow pattern – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
6. Wear you “Noah Necklace” on Shabbat!
7. If you kids are not into jewelry, use the colored pasta to create a rainbow by gluing them onto cardboard instead.