In this week’s Torah reading, we learn all about the Yom Kippur service. In this service the High Priest must draw lots to see which goat is designated to which offering for God.
In this week’s portion, we watch the High Priest get ready to perform the special Yom Kippur service.
This week we learn all about the service the high priest performs for Yom Kippur.
1. When can Aharon enter the holy sanctuary?
When there is a cloud over the Ark cover. (16:2)
2. Before Aharon gets dressed in his sacred clothes what must he do?
He must immerse himself in water. (16:4)
3. How many goats does Aharon bring to the Tent of Meeting?
4. Why does Aharon draw lots for the two goats?
To decide which goat with go to God which to Azazel. (16:8)
5. What happens to the goat for Azazel?
Aharon places his hands on the goat’s head and confesses the sins of Israel and then sends it to the desert. (16:21-22)
6. When is Aharon supposed to do the service with the two goats?
On Yom Kippur, to cleanse the congregation of their sins. (16:29-30)
7. What is Yom Kippur compared to?
The Sabbath. (16:31)
8. What happens when one eats blood?
You will be excommunicated from the people of Israel. (17:10)
9. If blood of an animal spills what must you do?
Cover the blood with earth. (17:13)
10. What does God command us to follow?
Ordinances and statutes. (18:4)