Like Parshat Noach and rainbows, this week’s Parsha, Parshat VaYeishev, has lots of craft possibilities because of the mentioning of the multi-colored coat that Yaakov bestows upon his beloved son Yosef.
You can make a coat craft using lots of different materials – felt, beads, candies, etc. Here, we have used tissue paper because it is fun for kids to scrunch it up and glue it on.
Paper towel roll
Piece of cardstock paper
1) Cut a basic coat shaper out of the cardstock
2) Cut tissue paper into 1-inch squares
3) Spread glue all over the coat shape
4) Scrunch up tissue paper squares and glue all over the coat
5) Attach the coat to a paper towel roll so the coat can stand as a centerpiece.