This week’s Torah reading introduces us to betrayal, between brothers, between husband and wife and between father and son.
1. How old is Yitzchak when he marries Rivka?
2. What are the names of Rivka’s twins?
Esav and Yaakov. (25:25-26)
3. What did Esav sell in order to eat some to Yaakov’s lentil stew?
Esav sold his birthright. (25:31)
4. Where did Yitzchak go when there was a famine in his land?
No where. Yitzchak stayed in Gerar. (26:6)
5. When Yitzchak grows old, what does he ask of his son, Esav?
He asks Esav to go hunt and prepare a meal for Yitzchak. (27:3-4)
6. Who decides to trick Yitzchak?
His wife, Rivka. (27:6)
7. How does Yaakov fool his father?
Rivka quickly prepared a meal for Yitzchak. Yaakov dressed in Esav’s clothes and Rivka placed skins from baby goats on Yaakov’s arms and neck. (27:14-16)
8. Is Isaac convinced that Yaakov is Esav?
Initially, Yitchak is not convinced – it is Yaakov’s voice but Esav’s hands, says Yitzchak. (27:22)
9. How does Esav react when he learns that Yaakov has stolen his blessing?
Esav cries. (27:38)
10. Where does Yaakov run to?
Yaakov leaves and runs to Paddan-aram to Betuel’s house.