The year we discovered this recipe, I made latkes every single night of Chanukah.
6 medium potatoes, peeled
1 large onion
1/3 c flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper (or to taste)
¾ – 1 c oil
- Grate potatoes and onions in a food processor. Make sure to strain the mixture to remove all excess water.
- Add eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ c of oil in a large skillet on a medium to high heat. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into the hot oil. Fry until latkes is golden brown (4-5 minutes). Turn over and fry the second side (2-3 minutes).
- Continue to add oil as necessary. Use paper towels to remove excess oil from the latkes.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
Leave A Comment