It’s a craft! It’s a snack!
It’ll keep your kids entertained (and well-fed!)
1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c warm water
4 c flour
1 Tbsp of baking powder
¼ c. warm water
1. Preheat your oven to 425.
2. Mix the first four ingredients together and let it sit for 5 minutes while the yeast activates. Add the flour and knead well.
3. Let sit for 1 hour.
4. Create different shapes and letters.
5. Mix baking powder into the warm water. Brush the water mixture on top of each pretzel so that the toppings will stick.
6. Add the topping of your choice:
- Garlic and oregano
- Kosher salt
- Sugar with a dash of cinnamon
7. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.