It’s no secret that I love all-in-one meals, and this meat and potato dish is the ultimate in comfort food. It’s so good, even your pickiest eater will love it.The son of a friend of mine (a picky eater himself!) recently told his mother that if she ever gets sick or has another baby, and others volunteer to cook for her, she should be sure to get me to make them this Shepherd’s Pie. Another happy customer!
3 lbs ground meat (you can use chicken or turkey)
1 onion diced
Oil (for sautéing the onion, browning the meat)
28 oz can of tomato sauce
Mashed potatoes for 9 (note: I use instant mashed potatoes. Gasp!)
1. Sauté the onion in oil until golden.
2. Add meat and brown.
3. Stir in tomato sauce. Set aside.
4. Prepare mashed potatoes. Set aside.
5. In a deep 9 x 13 pan, pour in meat sauce.
6. Layer mashed potatoes atop the meat.
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
Note: I place the pan on a cookie sheet, or line the oven rack with foil to preventdripping/burning.