The Jews finally leave Egypt, but their joy does not last long. Bnei Yisrael complain about the lack of water, the lack of food and even bemoan leaving Egypt!
1. Whose bones does Moshe carry when Bnei Yisrael (the children of Israel) leave Egypt?
2. How does Bnei Yisrael know which direction to go in as they leave Egypt?
God leads the way – with a cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. (13:21)
3. How will the Red Sea part?
Moshe will take his staff and stretched it over the waters. (14:16)
4. What happens after all of Bnei Yisrael crosses the Red Sea?
Moshe stretches his staff again and the waters closed. (14:26)
5. What happened to the Egyptians that were chasing after Bnei Yisrael?
They drowned in the Red Sea. (14:27-28)
6. What morning prayer is taken from this week’s Torah reading?
“Az Yashir Moshe.” (15:1)
7. Who leads the women in song after they cross the Red Sea?
Miriam, Moshe and Aharon’s sister. (15:20)
8. Why do Bnei Yisrael begin to complain?
They are thirsty and cannot find water to drink. (15:24)
9. What food do Bnei Yisrael eat for the forty years in the desert?
10. Who attacked Bnei Yisrael in the desert?