It’s Thanksgiving. Your table is set and your dinner – Turkey, stuffing, sides and all – are ready to be served. But now you want to add to that air of festivity – a warm drink? Something sparkly? The perfect wine accompaniment? Here are some good options:
- If you want to keep your meal festive but non-alcoholic, warm apple cider or a store bought sparkling cider are delicious options.
- For an adult version of the apple cider, try the Hot Apple Toddy.
- For something sweet and sparkly, make a pitcher of Cranberry Vodka Fizz.
- Want to be truly seasonal? Try this Creamy Pumpkintini!
- Trying to keep things more simple? Consider pairing your meal with a Chardonnay. If you and your guests prefer sweeter wines, try the White Zinfandel or for even sweeter option, go with the Riesling.
Tired of pumpkin pie? Try this smooth drink for dessert.
1 c simple syrup (to make your simple syrup, combine 1 c sugar with 1 c water, bring to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Let it cool and then you’re ready to use it.)
1 c whipping cream
½ c rum
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 c ice
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Cranberry Vodka Fizz
The cranberry juice in this drink gives it a seasonal feel. It’s a cool way to warm your insides on any festive occasion when friends are gathering.
4 c of Sprite or Club Soda
1 ½ c cranberry juice
¼ c lime juice
1 c vodka
Stir all of the ingredients in a pitcher and pour into an ice filled glasses.
*Just remember friends, if you’re going to drink, please don’t drive.