These donuts are so basic and delicious. When I made these with my kids, before the next batch was done, the first batch was gobbled up. And that was before these donuts were sprinkled with powdered sugar! Note, the first time I played with my donut maker, I made these and the color was very uneven. The trick when making this particular recipe is to unplug the donut maker as you’re refilling the donut spaces. If you do that, then you, and the donuts, are golden!
Yields 21-24 mini donuts.
1 c flour
½ c sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ c milk (or a non-dairy substitute if you want to keep the donuts non-dairy)
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. After you’re done making the batter, plug in the donut maker and let it warm for a minute.
3. Spray with non-stick spray.
4. Fill donut maker with batter.
5. “Bake” for 1 min 50 seconds.
6. Unplug machine.
7. Remove donuts.
8. Repeat until batter is done.
9. Let cool.
10. Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.