So light and airy it’s thought to be the food of angels. This simple angel food cake is virtually guilt-free! (It’s also perfect for this Shabbat where the Torah makes mention of Jacob wrestling with an angel.)
1 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
12 large egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 ¼ c sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar and vanilla while continuing to beat.
3. Gently add to flour and salt.
4. Bake in an ungreased angel food cake pan at 350 for 40 minutes.
5. Let cool completely. Remove from pan.