We’ve shown you how to make homemade chumus. We’ve given you the secret behind Israeli salad. It only seems right that we offer up a homemade falafel recipe.
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2-3 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
pepper, to taste
4 Tbsp flour
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
2. Puree it all in a food processor or blender.
3. Add flour and combine well.
4. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes (do not skip this step).
5. Form the mixture into walnut sized balls. Slightly flatten.
6. Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (3-5 minutes).