Here’s what I love about this dish: With the exception of the fresh pomegranate seeds, I keep all of these ingredients in my fridge/freezer/pantry. This recipe is great for making ahead, or just throwing together if you have last-minute company. Just don’t forget to keep basting the chicken, or your dried fruit will scorch.
- 3 lbs of bone-in chicken (I use chicken thighs)
- 1/2 c apricot jam
- 1/4 c pomegranate juice
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 6 oz dried apples
- 4 oz apricots
- 4 oz craisins
- 1/8 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Place chicken in roasting pan, skin side up. Spread apricot jam.
3. Pour pomegranate and orange juice into pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Scatter dried fruit over chicken. Sprinkle brown sugar.
5. Bake in the center of your oven for another 45 minutes, basting frequently. Chicken will be golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds when ready to serve.