As Bnei Yisrael continue towards the Land of Israel, Moshe has some final words.
In this parsha we do a quick recap on the places traveled and places captured.
1. What day does Moshe begin to address the nation of Bnei Yisrael?
In the 40th year, 11th month, 1st day that Bnei Israel is in the desert. (1:3)
2. God is fulfilling a promise He made hundreds of years ago by bringing Bnei Yisrael into the land of Israel. Who did he make that promise to?
Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov. (1:8)
3. In this version of the story of spies visiting the land of Israel, what did the spies bring back and say to Bnei Yisrael?
The spies brought back fruit and said that the Land is good. (1:25)
4. Why did Bnei Israel not want to enter the land of Israel?
They were afraid because the people currently in the land of Israel were bigger and taller with fortified cities and they are the children of giants. (1:28)
5. Which land should Israel be careful and respectful, even paying for food and water?
The land of Seir, ruled by the descendants of Esau (2:4-8)
6. Which brook did Bnei Israel cross towards the end of their journey?
Zered Brook. (2:14)
7. Who else should Bnei Israel respect?
Ammon – descendants of Lot. (2:19)
8. How many fortifies cities did Bnei Israel win at war from King Og of Bashan?
9. What did we do with all the land won from Sihon and Bashan?
The tribes of Reuven, Gad and half of Menashe got it as their inheritance. (3:12-13)
10. What encouragement does Yehoshua Ben Nun get at the end of the Parsha?
He is told that Hashem has helped Bnei Yisrael be victorious in the past and Hashem will continue to help wage war in the future. (3:21-22)