With so much zucchini in my refrigerator, I decided to try something a little different. This cake is so rich and moist! And the best part? It yields 3 loaves! One for now, one to share with a friend, and one to freeze for another time!
3 c peeled shredded raw zucchini
2 c flour
1 c cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 c oil
1 c white sugar
1 c light brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ½ c chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. prepare 3 loaf pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Peel and shred zucchini. Set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon). Set aside.
4. Using your mixer, blend the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Squeeze excess moisture from the zucchini and add to the mixture.
6. In batches, add dry ingredients until well blended.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Divide evenly between 3 loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.